St. (Pope) John Paul II said, “Catholic education is above all a question of communicating Christ, of helping to form Christ in the lives of others.”
As Hallow seeks to help our community live a Christ-like life and grow closer to God, we are excited to celebrate Catholic Schools Week this year and support the faculty, staff, and administrators at Catholic Schools who do so much for their students.
In 2023, Hallow is thrilled to offer a special deal for Catholic Schools Week. Teachers and staff members at Catholic schools* (or religious education programs) can redeem 50% off Hallow through midnight on Friday, February 3rd.
Those that take advantage of the “first time” offer, as well as any existing partner educator that submit this form, will also have a chance to win a $250 classroom makeover.
What is Catholic Schools Week?
Catholic Schools Week is an annual initiative led by the National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA) to celebrate the excellence and impact of Catholic schools. Each year, Catholic schools observe the celebration through a variety of activities, emphasizing the importance of Catholic education.
More Resources: Back to School Prayers for Teachers
When is Catholic Schools Week 2023?
January 29 – February 4, 2023. Check out the daily themes from NCEA below:
- Sunday: Celebrating Your Parish
- Monday: Celebrating Your Community
- Tuesday: Celebrating Your Students
- Wednesday: Celebrating the Nation
- Thursday: Celebrating Vocations
- Friday: Celebrating Faculty, Staff, and Volunteers
- Saturday: Celebrating Families
Top Ideas and Activities for Catholic Schools Week
- Pray with Saints like St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, St. Thomas Aquinas, or your school’s patron saint. (Check the Hallow app to see if your school’s patron saint has been featured in our Daily Saints section.)
- Start your day with a different type of prayer throughout the week: Lectio Divina, Examen, Litany, Rosary, a Saint Prayer, etc.
- Play “Guess That Saint” with your students
- Hallow Coloring Pages
- Make Rosaries with different colored beads and string
- Play a game of Catholic trivia (available on Hallow!)
- Create trivia questions about your school/your school’s history
- Create an acrostic of your school’s name with things students love most about your school
- Have students make a list of prayers they’d like to pray for their classmates, families, and school community
- Host a “Scavenger Hunt” throughout the week of activities students need to complete (e.g. find a particular image in your parish church’s decor, give a compliment to a classmate, etc.)
- Organize a sidewalk cleanup in your school’s neighborhood
- Buddy up with another classroom for lunchtime conversations
- Have students thank their parents for sending them to Catholic school by writing a letter
- Set up a clothing or food drive for a local organization
- Write thank you notes for maintenance staff, cafeteria staff, bus drivers
Catholic Schools Week Prayers
Prayer to Begin the Day
(Sign of the Cross)
As we begin class together, take a moment to thank God for the gift of learning.
You shaped us in your image and likeness
Giving us the gift of intelligence
And the ability to understand the world around us.
Be with us today as we use those gifts to learn and grow.
May all that we do in this classroom be an opportunity to praise You.
St. Hildegard, patron of writers, pray for us.
St. Albert the Great, patron of scientists, pray for us.
St. Barbara, patron of mathematicians, pray for us.
St. Thomas Aquinas, patron of students, pray for us.
(Sign of the cross)
SEE MORE: How to Pray With Kids
Prayer to End the Day
As the school day comes to a close, let’s take a few moments to pray and reflect on our day together.
(Sign of the Cross)
Close your eyes and take a couple deep breaths. Ask the Holy Spirit to be with us as we reflect.
Reflect now silently in your mind, what are 2 or 3 things you’re grateful for today?
Where did you notice God during your day?
What could you have done better? Where do you need God’s help?
Now look toward tomorrow. What are you excited about? What are you nervous about? Share with God what is on your mind.
(Sign of the Cross)
Suggested Prayers in the Hallow App:
- Classroom Prayer Praylist
- Minute Psalms
- Morning Offering
- St. Michael the Archangel
- Come, Holy Spirit
- Mental Health Content